From: Alan Mailer on
I guess it doesn't get any more basic than this. I accidently deleted
my Visual Basic 2008 Shortcut off my desktop.

Now I want to put a VB 2008 back on my desktop.... but I don't know
which specific folder, and which specific file, I should select in
order to "Create Shortcut".

Can anyone tell me where I'd find that file? For what it's worth, I'm
using whatever file structure VB institutes by default when you
install VB onto a computer.

Thanks in advance for all feedback.
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 5/9/2010 9:01 PM, Alan Mailer wrote:
> I guess it doesn't get any more basic than this. I accidently deleted
> my Visual Basic 2008 Shortcut off my desktop.
>
> Now I want to put a VB 2008 back on my desktop.... but I don't know
> which specific folder, and which specific file, I should select in
> order to "Create Shortcut".
>
> Can anyone tell me where I'd find that file? For what it's worth, I'm
> using whatever file structure VB institutes by default when you
> install VB onto a computer.
>
> Thanks in advance for all feedback.

You should be able to find it on your Start menu. Once you find the
shortcut there you can drag it to your desktop. You will be given a
choice of copy, move, past, etc... Make sure you copy it so you don't
remove the Start menu version.

--
Mike
From: Miro on
Mine is like this ( default install )
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"

Start in:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\"

I am using windows 7 ( so the x86 part of the program files ) might not be
necessary for you.

Cheers'

From: dgk on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 22:08:40 -0400, Family Tree Mike
<FamilyTreeMike(a)ThisOldHouse.com> wrote:

>On 5/9/2010 9:01 PM, Alan Mailer wrote:
>> I guess it doesn't get any more basic than this. I accidently deleted
>> my Visual Basic 2008 Shortcut off my desktop.
>>
>> Now I want to put a VB 2008 back on my desktop.... but I don't know
>> which specific folder, and which specific file, I should select in
>> order to "Create Shortcut".
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where I'd find that file? For what it's worth, I'm
>> using whatever file structure VB institutes by default when you
>> install VB onto a computer.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for all feedback.
>
>You should be able to find it on your Start menu. Once you find the
>shortcut there you can drag it to your desktop. You will be given a
>choice of copy, move, past, etc... Make sure you copy it so you don't
>remove the Start menu version.

Or, by default, it's here:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"