From: Rob on
We have a class that derives from CFileDialog that overrides the
OnTypeChange() method to allow it to change the filename to keep it in synch
with the selected extension whenever the user selects a new extension from
the filter combobox. (Our filters are set to contain only one extension per
filter entry.) Unfortunately, the way we are doing this seems to have been
broken by the Vista style dialogue. (We were using SetControlText() to set
the filename edit box to the filename with the newly selected extension, but
the control ID seems to be different for the Vista style dialogue, and the
one that I found using Spy++ works just as well as the old ID (i.e., it
doesn't)..)

Is there a better way to tell the CFileDialog object to update the filename
field to a new filename? It has to work with the old XP style dialogue as
well.