From: SteveP on
Network is 2003 standard server SP1 and clients are all XP Pro.

I need to be able to Net Send on the network. I know Messenger service
needs to be started for all computers. I cannot go to each user and turn it
on.

How do I make all computers on the network allow net send?
--
Thanks, Steve
From: myweb on
Hello SteveP,

Use the Group Policy for it, start the service messenger with automatic setting
and it should work without running around. Be sure the ws belongs to the
OU where you link this policy.

Best regards

myweb
no rights.

From: SteveP on
I knew it was a GPO.

I created a GPO called Net Send Policy and drilled down to Services where I
turned on Messenger service. Then I linked it to our Computers Group.

Will this do it?
--
Thanks, Steve

From: myweb on
Hello SteveP,

You can't use the computer group for the policy. It MUST be an Organisational
Unit.

Best regards

myweb
no rights.

From: SteveP on
Sorry to ask a folloe up question. I haven't been able to get my new policy
to work. Here is what I've done:

I created a group policy called Net Send. Then I drilled down to windows
settings / security settings / system services / messenger / checked define
this policy setting / selected automatic.

I then linked this GP to the user group for our IT department to test it.

I restarted my workstation and my messenger service was still disabled. It
should have been automatic and started.

Where have I gon wrong and how do I correct it?
--
Thanks, Steve