From: Ramon F Herrera on

I have looked all over the net for this, but all the hits I get are
about cout, cin or streams linked to disk files.

The feature that I need is in-core (boy, that's an ancient term)
streams and buffers.

Back when I was a C programmer, I implemented my own streaming like
this:

char output_buffer[150 *1024];
char pointer = *output_buffer;

pointer += sprintf(pointer, "text here %s\n", somevar1);
pointer += sprintf(pointer, "more text here %s\n", somevar2);
pointer += sprintf(pointer, "further stuff here %s\n", variable3);

I then discovered something that looks exactly like what I need, but
it is inside the Boost library. See snippet below.

I bet that standard C++ and/or the STL must contain some facility that
performs the functionality of the code below.

TIA,

-Ramon

boost::asio::streambuf request;
std::ostream request_stream(&request);
request_stream << "GET " << argv[2] << " HTTP/1.0\r\n";
request_stream << "Host: " << argv[1] << "\r\n";
request_stream << "Accept: */*\r\n";
request_stream << "Connection: close\r\n\r\n";

// Send the request.
boost::asio::write(socket, request);