From: ed on
Hi all,

windows 2003 /exchange 2003 Sp2 envir.

If I uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports" in the globe settings, will our
internal users (our organization) receive the NDR reports when they send
emails to outside (not our organization) and emails failed to deliver?

Thank you.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:49:01 -0700, ed <ed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>windows 2003 /exchange 2003 Sp2 envir.
>
>If I uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports" in the globe settings, will our
>internal users (our organization) receive the NDR reports when they send
>emails to outside (not our organization) and emails failed to deliver?

Yes. But your server won't send NDRs.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: ed on
Rich,

Thanks for your answer.
Users are not able to receive NDRs if I uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports"
in the globe settings, right?

Is it best practice or recommended to uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports"
in the globe settings since there are lots of NDR attacks?

Thank you.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:09:02 -0700, ed <ed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for your answer.
>Users are not able to receive NDRs if I uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports"
>in the globe settings, right?

No, that's not correct. Your system won't SEND any NDRs if that's
checked.

>Is it best practice or recommended to uncheck "Allow non-delivery reports"
>in the globe settings since there are lots of NDR attacks?

If you're validating the recipient addresses your server won't be
sending any NDRs for addresses that don't exist.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Pages: 1