From: tedd on
Hi gang:

Do any of you use NetBeans for your IDE?

It looks like a great IDE, but I have some questions.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: php on
On 05/30/2010 05:57 PM, tedd wrote:
> Hi gang:
>
> Do any of you use NetBeans for your IDE?

Yes, i do. Since 2 Years (Netbeans 6.5 then), now with 6.8

I work very well with netbeans on Mac OS-X and Ubuntu, using SVN as
version-backend, XDEBUG for debugging, Code-Coverage etc...

> It looks like a great IDE, but I have some questions.

Tell me, maybe i can answer

Paul

From: Jason Pruim on

On May 30, 2010, at 12:32 PM, php wrote:

> On 05/30/2010 05:57 PM, tedd wrote:
>> Hi gang:
>>
>> Do any of you use NetBeans for your IDE?
>>
> Yes, i do. Since 2 Years (Netbeans 6.5 then), now with 6.8
>
> I work very well with netbeans on Mac OS-X and Ubuntu, using SVN as
> version-backend, XDEBUG for debugging, Code-Coverage etc...
>
>> It looks like a great IDE, but I have some questions.
>>

> Tell me, maybe i can answer

Hey tedd,

I actually just started using it a little bit ago as I wanted
something more robust then just a text editor with some syntax
highlighting :)

So feel free to ask away and I'll see what I can answer :)

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 12:58 -0400, Jason Pruim wrote:

> On May 30, 2010, at 12:32 PM, php wrote:
>
> > On 05/30/2010 05:57 PM, tedd wrote:
> >> Hi gang:
> >>
> >> Do any of you use NetBeans for your IDE?
> >>
> > Yes, i do. Since 2 Years (Netbeans 6.5 then), now with 6.8
> >
> > I work very well with netbeans on Mac OS-X and Ubuntu, using SVN as
> > version-backend, XDEBUG for debugging, Code-Coverage etc...
> >
> >> It looks like a great IDE, but I have some questions.
> >>

> > Tell me, maybe i can answer
> >

> Hey tedd,
>
> I actually just started using it a little bit ago as I wanted
> something more robust then just a text editor with some syntax
> highlighting :)
>
> So feel free to ask away and I'll see what I can answer :)

This thread has made me want to have a look at the IDE. Will the base
IDE package be enough, or is there something specific it needs for PHP
development, like a netbeans-php package? I'm using Linux (Fedora 11)
btw ;)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 13:48 -0400, Brandon Rampersad wrote:

> i use dreamweaver and it's better
>

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 12:58 -0400, Jason Pruim wrote:

> > > Yes, i do. Since 2 Years (Netbeans 6.5 then), now with 6.8
> > >
> > > I work very well with netbeans on Mac OS-X and Ubuntu,
> using SVN as
> > > version-backend, XDEBUG for debugging, Code-Coverage
> etc...

> > > Tell me, maybe i can answer
> > >

> > Hey tedd,
> >
> > I actually just started using it a little bit ago as I
> wanted
> > something more robust then just a text editor with some
> syntax
> > highlighting :)
> >
> > So feel free to ask away and I'll see what I can answer :)
> >

> This thread has made me want to have a look at the IDE. Will
> the base
> IDE package be enough, or is there something specific it needs
> for PHP
> development, like a netbeans-php package? I'm using Linux
> (Fedora 11)
> btw ;)
>

> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
>

> --
> A Brandon_R Production

I don't know about that. I prefer a standard text editor to Dreamweaver.
Dw is full of bloat, really screws up include files and isn't available
on Linux anyway. As an editor for people more visually orientated it's
not bad, but for someone coming from a programming background, it
hinders in many places.