From: php on
Hi there

i think i did not understand the timezone-settings right.
In php.ini, i wrote

date.timezone="Europe/Berlin".

echo ini_get('date.timezone');

returns "Europe/Berlin".

But the Class "DateTime" is using another timezone (Europe/London).

When i do 'echo date_default_timezone_get()', it returns "Europe/London"
and not the same as described in php.ini.

In phpinfo() the date.timezone-setting will also be empty.

I am sure to work with the right php.ini, due two facts:
1. phpinfo() displays the same ini and all settings from the file (but
not timezone)
2. ini_get() returns the right setting as well (but it will not be used).

Can somebody explain to me, what happens here?

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Paul
From: Paul on
no idea anybody?
problem still exists

On 05/30/2010 11:05 AM, php wrote:
> Hi there
>
> i think i did not understand the timezone-settings right.
> In php.ini, i wrote
>
> date.timezone="Europe/Berlin".
>
> echo ini_get('date.timezone');
>
> returns "Europe/Berlin".
>
> But the Class "DateTime" is using another timezone (Europe/London).
>
> When i do 'echo date_default_timezone_get()', it returns
> "Europe/London" and not the same as described in php.ini.
>
> In phpinfo() the date.timezone-setting will also be empty.
>
> I am sure to work with the right php.ini, due two facts:
> 1. phpinfo() displays the same ini and all settings from the file (but
> not timezone)
> 2. ini_get() returns the right setting as well (but it will not be used).
>
> Can somebody explain to me, what happens here?
>
> Thanks a lot and kind regards, Paul

Pages: 1
Prev: Credit Card encryption
Next: NetBeans Question