From: Roger Pryor on

Hi:

Last year Andrew Wafaa, aka FunkyPenguin, put out an OpenSUSE derived
image, known as "Netbook K release" which can be found at
http://archive.wafaa.eu/index.php?url=archives/194-Netbook-K-release.html,
which is a package that is installable on an Asus EEE701 net book. If
anyone out there has tried it, I need a small bit of help. I have reached
a point where the machine gives me a KDM login screen, the user "tux", and
is waiting for a password. What password? I've tried a few common ones,
without avail. If anyone has this, please let me know.

Thanks

Roger Pryor
Sunset Crest, Barbados, W.I.
From: David Bolt on
On Thursday 25 Feb 2010 23:05, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Roger Pryor painted this mural:

> Hi:
>
> Last year Andrew Wafaa, aka FunkyPenguin, put out an OpenSUSE derived
> image, known as "Netbook K release" which can be found at
> http://archive.wafaa.eu/index.php?url=archives/194-Netbook-K-release.html,
> which is a package that is installable on an Asus EEE701 net book. If
> anyone out there has tried it, I need a small bit of help. I have reached
> a point where the machine gives me a KDM login screen, the user "tux", and
> is waiting for a password. What password? I've tried a few common ones,
> without avail. If anyone has this, please let me know.

By the look of it, the image was created using susestudio and, unless
the default password was changed, tux/linux and root/linux should get
you in.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | | openSUSE 11.3M1 32b

From: Roger Pryor on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:46:23 +0000
David Bolt <blacklist-me(a)davjam.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 25 Feb 2010 23:05, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
> Roger Pryor painted this mural:
>

> > Hi:
> >
> > Last year Andrew Wafaa, aka FunkyPenguin, put out an OpenSUSE derived
> > image, known as "Netbook K release" which can be found at
> > http://archive.wafaa.eu/index.php?url=archives/194-Netbook-K-release.html,
> > which is a package that is installable on an Asus EEE701 net book. If
> > anyone out there has tried it, I need a small bit of help. I have
> > reached a point where the machine gives me a KDM login screen, the
> > user "tux", and is waiting for a password. What password? I've tried
> > a few common ones, without avail. If anyone has this, please let me
> > know.
>
> By the look of it, the image was created using susestudio and, unless
> the default password was changed, tux/linux and root/linux should get
> you in.
>

> Regards,
> David Bolt

Hi David:

What a difference a nights sleep makes! I *KNOW* I tried "linux"
yesterday, along with linus, wafaa, <null>, admin, administrator,
password, etc, all without avail. This morning "linux" works. Go
figure. Perhaps, once the login has failed, then all subsequent attempts
fail too?? Ah well, thanks for the help.

Roger Pryor
Sunset Crest, Barbados, W.I.