From: FromTheRafters on
"Ant" <not(a)home.today> wrote in message

[...]

> The correct way to followup Usenet articles is neither top or bottom
> posting but inline contextualised replies. You should snip as much as
> possible, only leaving the parts you're directly addressing. That way,
> people don't have to wade through stuff already seen. Bottom-posting
> wihout snipping long messages is almost as bad as top-posting.

That is an excellent way for newsgroups where discussion is the norm.
When used as a helpdesk, many of the "helpers" want all of the
conversation to be quoted in each post because they can't be bothered to
look back at previous posts in the conversation to gather facts to help
them help.

I treat them *all* as discussion groups. I agree that inline and liberal
snippage is best.

[...]