From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
[Note: deliberately ignoring f'up]

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> type="cite">
> distinction, between text and <em>binaries</em>, that it has.&nbsp;

Usenet is the thing with the humans, as opposed to the one with the tubes,
right? ;)

> Then learn what the 'T' in "HTML" stands for.<br>

By that logic, I could use Word Perfect, too, as it is a text processor, or
EBCDIC. Sorry, but I really don't understand what makes you think that HTML
is an accepted practice here. Or, are you merely implying that it isn't
forbidden? If that's the case, you are obviously perfectly right, but also
tragically stupid, because it's not about forbidden or right but about
communication, and there both ends must match. Deliberately violating best
practices isn't helpful, it will only get you ignored or flamed.

Cheers!

Uli