From: Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller on
Hey all. Just got a brand new 1TB hitachi HD from PCW and installed and it
seems to be OK and everything works fine on it. Apart from one thing: it is
always accessing. This happened even before anything was installed at all
and I was hoping it would go away after a driver update and turning off any
background stuff or the indexing service. It's still the same though and it
will 'work' regardless.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it a back to the shop job?

Thank all

From: ybS2okj on
Is this HD an internal one? If so then perhaps the connections may not be
correct and so the lights are always on.

If it is an external one then clearly it is faulty.

hth
<PS: Unknown -- unknown(a)unknown.kom is a cheat and a convicted thief. Do
not trust him!>

From: smlunatick on
On Feb 24, 4:34 pm, "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller" <this...(a)lse.co.ck>
wrote:
> Hey all. Just got a brand new 1TB hitachi HD from PCW and installed and it
> seems to be OK and everything works fine on it. Apart from one thing: it is
> always accessing. This happened even before anything was installed at all
> and I was hoping it would go away after a driver update and turning off any
> background stuff or the indexing service. It's still the same though and it
> will 'work' regardless.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or is it a back to the shop job?
>
> Thank all

How much RAM do you have "in" this PC?

Pages: 1
Prev: lost user profiles