From: brossard on
I'm liking the 50g more and more as I set it back to how it should be,
but I still get that ugly TI menu for stats and numeric solver. Any
suggestions? Also, does anyone know what a mode error is? Anyone have
to set radians to get a solution to an equation that is just
polynomials?

From: Joe Horn on
brossard(a)pdx.edu wrote:

> I'm liking the 50g more and more as I set it back to how it should be,
> but I still get that ugly TI menu for stats and numeric solver. Any
> suggestions?

Yes! HP already fixed the NUM.SLV problem. Just hold down the shift
key while you're pressing NUM.SLV and you'll see the menu that you
want. Cool, huh?

As for the STAT key, just assign the HP48-style stats menu to it:

<< 96 TMENU >>
83.3 ASN

Then leave USR mode on all the time. Pressing the STAT key will then
bring up the STAT menu that you know and love. (Prepend it with a
SysRPL TakeOver, and it'll even work while you're programming!)

Hope that helps!

-Joe-

From: Joe Horn on
brossard(a)pdx.edu wrote:

> Also, does anyone know what a mode error is? Anyone have
> to set radians to get a solution to an equation that is just
> polynomials?

The CAS needs to be in certain modes sometimes, and if the mode is
wrong, it asks permission before changing the mode sometimes, all of
which is annoying, especially that awful high-pitched beep. One way to
avoid all that hassle is to press MODE FLAGS up-arrow, and make sure
that flag -120 is set ("Silent mode on") and flag -123 is clear ("Allow
Switch Mode"). From then on, the CAS will just use whatever mode it
needs without bugging you.

-Joe-

From: John C on
[SNIP]

>One way to avoid all that hassle is to press MODE FLAGS up-arrow, and make
>sure
> that flag -120 is set ("Silent mode on") and flag -123 is clear ("Allow
> Switch Mode"). From then on, the CAS will just use whatever mode it
> needs without bugging you.
>
> -Joe-

Now if only the CAS would restore the calc to its original settings . . .

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
John C wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
>> One way to avoid all that hassle is to press MODE FLAGS up-arrow,
>> and make sure
>> that flag -120 is set ("Silent mode on") and flag -123 is clear
>> ("Allow Switch Mode"). From then on, the CAS will just use whatever
>> mode it needs without bugging you.
>>
>> -Joe-
>>

> Now if only the CAS would restore the calc to its original settings .

I've been asking this many many many many many times