From: Better Info on
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:11:24 -0400, M-M <nospam.m-m(a)ny.more> wrote:

>I have posted some new IR photos and invite you to look and comment if
>you wish.
>
>The main page shows what an IR filter can do:
>
>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html
>
>Then there are links to several IR galleries:
>
>France in Infrared- scenes from Paris and Provence:
>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/frir.html
>
>The American Southwest Canyons in IR:
>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/swir.html
>
>Clouds and Trees in Infrared:
>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/clir.html
>
>It was an interesting experiment. I used an Olympus C2020Z with a Hoya
>R72.

You might want to try using a #87 IR filter. It blocks all visible light.
Giving you a greater distinction of IR luminosity only. No visible light to
muddy and fight with the IR's luminosity levels.

Here's a couple shots from when first testing this kind of filter.

<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4864201119_e9dd80dbbd_z.jpg>
<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4864201121_ed45411845.jpg>

Many many of your images could be done from full color images (no IR) just
by increasing the green channel when using a Channel Mixer tool used for
creating BW images.

If you don't want to pay out the big-bucks for large diameter #87 filters
just for an experiment, try these Lee Polyester filters from B&H.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=lee%20filters%20infra%20red&N=0>
They work very well. Just carefully cut to fit with scissors and insert
into an old daylight or UV filter. The savings between doing this and
buying a glass 72mm #87 IR filter is astounding and they work just as well.
The above test shots were done using one of these.