From: shaon94 on
In Outlook if I am composing a new message it appears under the Word icon
instead of Outlook. I am using Office 2003 in Windows 7 professional.

I understand that I DO have Word as my email editor but I really would like
newly composed messages to open under Outlook though to help reduce confusion
for my end users. In Windows Vista composed messages stack under outlook
even if Word is your email editor, and I can only hope that something similar
can happen in Windows 7.

From: Slipstick on

shaon94 wrote:
> In Outlook if I am composing a new message it appears under the Word
> icon
> instead of Outlook. I am using Office 2003 in Windows 7 professional.
>
> I understand that I DO have Word as my email editor but I really would
> like
> newly composed messages to open under Outlook though to help reduce
> confusion
> for my end users. In Windows Vista composed messages stack under
> outlook
> even if Word is your email editor, and I can only hope that something
> similar
> can happen in Windows 7.
>
> Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This is a known issue and at this time, I'm not aware of a workaround.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2010/20100413.htm

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46229