From: Roman Schreiber on
Hello,

I want to buy a new Palm TX. here, in Europe, the TX is no more available,
but it seems in the USA there are some peaces still available.
Now I'm searching for a delaer who sells me one TX and sends it via USPS
ground (not UPS! Horrific expensive!) to Austria/Europe.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks a lot!
Roman

From: Baxter on
A model similar to the TX will be coming soon from Acceca. I will be
selling them. Perhaps in 6 months. I'm sure there will be dealers in
Europe.

Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

From: Gordon Burditt on
>I want to buy a new Palm TX. here, in Europe, the TX is no more available,
>but it seems in the USA there are some peaces still available.
>Now I'm searching for a delaer who sells me one TX and sends it via USPS
>ground (not UPS! Horrific expensive!) to Austria/Europe.

There are usually a lot of Palm TX's, from used and broken to new
and functioning to new in factory-sealed box on eBay. Check the
listing, and perhaps contact the seller, about shipping options.
Don't automatically exclude those who quote UPS prices for US
shipment but say they ship worldwide - ask. They may want Paypal
for payment. I bought one used recently.

There may be a lot more variation in the price than in the shipping
charges. Also, you might find one that ships *from* Europe.

From: Roman Schreiber on

"Gordon Burditt" <gordonb.hd2w6(a)burditt.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I want to buy a new Palm TX. here, in Europe, the TX is no more
> >available,
>>but it seems in the USA there are some peaces still available.
>>Now I'm searching for a delaer who sells me one TX and sends it via USPS
>>ground (not UPS! Horrific expensive!) to Austria/Europe.
>
> There are usually a lot of Palm TX's, from used and broken to new
> and functioning to new in factory-sealed box on eBay. Check the
> listing, and perhaps contact the seller, about shipping options.
> Don't automatically exclude those who quote UPS prices for US
> shipment but say they ship worldwide - ask. They may want Paypal
> for payment. I bought one used recently.
>
> There may be a lot more variation in the price than in the shipping
> charges. Also, you might find one that ships *from* Europe.

Gordon,

Thank you very much. I've found some new TXes on ebay, but the seller didn't
react to my question if he is shipping via USPS ground service, only via
UPS, which costs about USD 200.00 (!!!). I'm very disappointed because a
parcel via ground USPS is also insured and costs much less. I don't care if
it takes about 3 weeks via ship. That's why I posted here for help from
Americans who know shops that sell worldwide and ship via USPS, too.

Best regards,
Roman

From: Juergen Kuehne on
Roman Schreiber schrieb:

I've found some new TXes on ebay, but the seller didn't
> react to my question if he is shipping via USPS ground service, only via
> UPS, which costs about USD 200.00 (!!!). I'm very disappointed because a
> parcel via ground USPS is also insured and costs much less. I don't care if
> it takes about 3 weeks via ship. That's why I posted here for help from
> Americans who know shops that sell worldwide and ship via USPS, too.

Ich verstehe nicht, warum du ausgerechnet einen TX als Neuger�t haben
willst. F�r die Versandkosten allein bek�mest du doch fast zwei (!)
gebrauchte Ger�te bei eBay. Ich selber habe mir vor anderthalb Jahren
einen gebrauchten bei ebay.de ersteigert, bin sehr zufrieden, was sogar
inkl. der Krusell-Ledertasche. Weil der so sch�n schnell beim
Einschalten ist, lese ich damit morgens und tags�ber immer meine Emails
via WLAN (und POP) am Fr�hst�ckstisch. Nur bei wichtigen Emails werfe
ich den PC-Laptop an :-)
BTW: Wenn du auf Garantie spekulierst = wie willst du bei den
Versandkosten und den Versandzeiten eine m�gliche Garantie in den USA
geltend machen? In diesem Fall kauf lieber bei eBay einen weiteren
gebrauchten.

(trial and error translation...)
I do not understand why you want to have a tx calculated only as new
device. For the costs alone, you would get almost two (!) used equipment
on eBay. I myself have bought a used one half a years ago at ebay.de, am
very happy with it, even Krusell leather case included. It's very simple
to read emails in the morning and the day over always via WiFi (and
POP-mail) at the breakfast table and in any other room. Only for
important emails I start in the PC laptop waiting waiting waiting for
Windows starting... :-)
BTW: if you are focused on guarantee = think of the the costs for
sending back to USA and the delay you will have waiting for repair... in
that case buy another used one at eBay.

Juergen