From: Steve_Karl on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:Xns9D4F8603A805CBrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)69.16.185.250...

> A bit of a crazy exprimental song. This one has a quacking synth sound
> I dialed up from scratch, and then put through a distorted Leslie effect,
> a Superwave8 bass, my normal DW/Superior2 drums, and the cocktail kit
> that comes with Superior2 running through Freeamp on a nasty fuzz tone.
> I also put echo, chorus, and an additional overdrive on the kit. It comes
> in at 1:30 when the mode changes to Arabian scales. Oh, and there's guitar.
>
> I call this one "Fuzz Drum" coz that's what the experiment started as.
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=8971136
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

Very nice rockin' funk groove ... great feel!

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> A bit of a crazy exprimental song. This one has a quacking synth sound
> I dialed up from scratch, and then put through a distorted Leslie effect,
> a Superwave8 bass, my normal DW/Superior2 drums, and the cocktail kit
> that comes with Superior2 running through Freeamp on a nasty fuzz tone.
> I also put echo, chorus, and an additional overdrive on the kit. It comes
> in at 1:30 when the mode changes to Arabian scales. Oh, and there's
guitar.

> I call this one "Fuzz Drum" coz that's what the experiment started as.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=8971136

I like it!
Some of your guitar playing/sound and phrasing reminds me a bit of the Steve
Hillage stuff from the 70's!

Poly

From: John Braner on
On 03/04/2010 19:10, Glennbo wrote:
> A bit of a crazy exprimental song. This one has a quacking synth sound
> I dialed up from scratch, and then put through a distorted Leslie effect,
> a Superwave8 bass, my normal DW/Superior2 drums, and the cocktail kit
> that comes with Superior2 running through Freeamp on a nasty fuzz tone.
> I also put echo, chorus, and an additional overdrive on the kit. It comes
> in at 1:30 when the mode changes to Arabian scales. Oh, and there's guitar.
>
> I call this one "Fuzz Drum" coz that's what the experiment started as.
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=8971136

It's funny - the drums don't sound that "fuzzy" to me. It must be because of the grunge on the
guitars (?).

That's a lot of verb on those drums ;-) very 80's ;-)

Nice funky tune though - mind you it goes a little heavy metal at 1:30...

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: polymod on

> In news:4bb8a3b6$0$5012$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> A bit of a crazy exprimental song. This one has a quacking synth
> >> sound I dialed up from scratch, and then put through a distorted
> >> Leslie effect, a Superwave8 bass, my normal DW/Superior2 drums, and
> >> the cocktail kit that comes with Superior2 running through Freeamp on
> >> a nasty fuzz tone. I also put echo, chorus, and an additional
> >> overdrive on the kit. It comes in at 1:30 when the mode changes to
> >> Arabian scales. Oh, and there's
> > guitar.
> >>
> >> I call this one "Fuzz Drum" coz that's what the experiment started
> >> as.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=8971136

> > I like it!
> > Some of your guitar playing/sound and phrasing reminds me a bit of the
> > Steve Hillage stuff from the 70's!
>
> Thanks Poly! :)
>
> Also, for anyone who didn't hear just how grunged up that cocktail kit
> is, I put a sample of the drums only, where the fuzz drums come in. ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=8975402

hehe..that's cool!

Poly

From: John Braner on
On 05/04/2010 14:38, Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot John Braner<me(a)myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> On 03/04/2010 19:10, Glennbo wrote:
>>> A bit of a crazy exprimental song. This one has a quacking synth
>>> sound I dialed up from scratch, and then put through a distorted
>>> Leslie effect, a Superwave8 bass, my normal DW/Superior2 drums, and
>>> the cocktail kit that comes with Superior2 running through Freeamp on
>>> a nasty fuzz tone. I also put echo, chorus, and an additional
>>> overdrive on the kit. It comes in at 1:30 when the mode changes to
>>> Arabian scales. Oh, and there's guitar.
>>>
>>> I call this one "Fuzz Drum" coz that's what the experiment started
>>> as.
>>>
>>> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=10481&songID=8971136
>>>

>> It's funny - the drums don't sound that "fuzzy" to me. It must be
>> because of the grunge on the guitars (?).
>
> I put a sample of the drums only, where the fuzz drums come in. You
> can really hear the contrast between the clean drums and the fuzz drums.
> The bell of the ride cymbal is so crunchy, it sounds like finger cymbals,
> which is what prompted me to go Arabian on the guitar in that section.
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=8975402

Oh yeah - you can hear it in isolation ;-)

--
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner