From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
I've been betatesting this little product for a while and I admit that
I've only scratched the surface of what it can do. It's done pretty much
, I guess by a one man developer and he's a nice guy and always ready to
listen to suggestions. He basically started with a version he
programmed for his own use and then decided to polish it up and offer it
up for commercial release. It's like his baby and he's real excited
about it.

I've been having fun with it this morning using it on my guitar while
practicing. I've got it set up so that my mic'd Marshall cabinet is
going into my Dakota soundcard then into this host and through various
combinations of plugins. Seems like the stompboxes that I thought I
needed were already in my computer.

If you are a keyboardist or electronic drummer and you would like a VST
synth host that you could program for live work,

or a guitarist that would like to use his lap top like a stompbox,

or a live sound mixer that would like a lighter FX rack.

You might like to take a free test drive with this little guy. If you
like it, it won't set you back too much. You can find it at
http://www.eareckon.com

As for those stompboxes I thought I needed... nah, I still need more
stompboxes. You just can't get enough of those, you know. ;)

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Steve_Karl on
And it could host multiple VSTi receiving any number of midi ports,
and send to multiple audio outs.

From: Ouroboros Rex on
On 3/8/2010 2:43 PM, Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "Steve_Karl"<nospam(a)noway.com> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> My VST plugin host is Reaper! Any time I want to just play my
>>> digital drums, or a softsynth, I fire it up coz the latency is
>>> negligible, and it fires up, literally in seconds.
>
>> And it could host multiple VSTi receiving any number of midi ports,
>> and send to multiple audio outs.
>
> Yes, my VST host is as capable as my DAW!!! ;)

Actually, I use a touchscreen live, and this looks like a good way to
get the VST's controls up on the screen in a touchable format. Provided
it's cheap.

It's a shame I don't have any euros.