From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Supercharger.mp3
> >
> > When my buddy John Wilcox sent me these lyrics, I couldn't resist puting
> > them to some music :-)
>
> Rock-n-Roll!!! I like it!

Thanks!
And no guitars were harmed in the making ;)

Poly

From: polymod on

"Neil Rutman" <neilrut(a)speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> Fun song Poly! Brought me back a bit.

Thanks Neil!
Sometimes I think I'm 53 going on 17 ;)

Poly

From: John Braner on

>> Kind of a mixture of (1972 style) Deep Purple/Uriah Heep - with Ozzy
>> Osbourne lyrics!
>
> I was a bit disapointed in my "Organ" solo. John wanted a Jon Lord type
> solo, but since I was never a big JL fan, I wasn't able to channel his
> vibe<g>

You *did* nail the vibe though - that's what counts (really). I'm always interested in listening to
how people use the leslie speed up/slow down - since I know nothing about the "real thing".

> Listening back it sounds more like Rod Argent.

It's all the same thing isn't it ;-)

<hold your head up aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, hold your head up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh>
<da da da da, da da da da, da da da da da daaaaaaa............>

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: SoftShell on
"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> "John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
>> On 05/03/2010 21:28, polymod wrote:
>> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Supercharger.mp3
>> >

>> Kind of a mixture of (1972 style) Deep Purple/Uriah Heep - with Ozzy
>>Osbourne lyrics!
>
> I was a bit disapointed in my "Organ" solo. John wanted a Jon Lord type
> solo, but since I was never a big JL fan, I wasn't able to channel his
> vibe<g>
> Listening back it sounds more like Rod Argent.
>
>> Cool!
>
> Thanks John!
>
> Poly

I disagree. First thing I thought of was Jon Lord. Pretty much nailed the
sound and the modal lines, phrasing, then ended the solo in the heavy chords
(typically heavy on root & 5th w/o the 3rd). OK, guess you're right. On
second hearing I can hear Argent too. Add in some of those fast arpeggios
like in some of the synth bits and ya got JL. Kinda predictable but still
went a long way to define a good bit of what happened later. 'sides, I
always liked both those guys. Oh, and this toon too. I seem to remember
listening to Machine Head about a thousand times in a row. But then I can't
be sure ;)

--
_____________________

Steve Wilson

From: polymod on

> >> Kind of a mixture of (1972 style) Deep Purple/Uriah Heep - with Ozzy
> >> Osbourne lyrics!
> >
> > I was a bit disapointed in my "Organ" solo. John wanted a Jon Lord type
> > solo, but since I was never a big JL fan, I wasn't able to channel his
> > vibe<g>
>
> You *did* nail the vibe though - that's what counts (really). I'm always
interested in listening to
> how people use the leslie speed up/slow down - since I know nothing about
the "real thing".

Well, I never claimed to be an "organ player", but my main instrument for
gigging back in the days was a Cordovox which was basically a Lowrey organ
built into an accordion. I used two leslies so I used to be pretty used to
using the slow/fast switch.
On one gig the maniac drummer hit his cymbal so hard it fell over and sliced
right through that big cable that connects the switch to the Leslie!

Poly

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Matrix in Sonar