From: polymod on

"SoftShell" <SoftShell(a)NoSpamThankYou.com> wrote in message
> "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> Kind of a mixture of (1972 style) Deep Purple/Uriah Heep - with Ozzy
> >>Osbourne lyrics!
> >
> > I was a bit disapointed in my "Organ" solo. John wanted a Jon Lord type
> > solo, but since I was never a big JL fan, I wasn't able to channel his
> > vibe<g>
> > Listening back it sounds more like Rod Argent.
> >
> >> Cool!
> >
> > Thanks John!
> >
> > Poly
> >

> I disagree. First thing I thought of was Jon Lord. Pretty much nailed the
> sound and the modal lines, phrasing, then ended the solo in the heavy
chords
> (typically heavy on root & 5th w/o the 3rd). OK, guess you're right. On
> second hearing I can hear Argent too. Add in some of those fast arpeggios
> like in some of the synth bits and ya got JL. Kinda predictable but still
> went a long way to define a good bit of what happened later. 'sides, I
> always liked both those guys. Oh, and this toon too. I seem to remember
> listening to Machine Head about a thousand times in a row. But then I
can't
> be sure ;)

Hehe...good post!

Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:4b93db26$0$31284$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > On one gig the maniac drummer hit his cymbal so hard it fell over and
> > sliced right through that big cable that connects the switch to the
> > Leslie!
>
> Hehe, I was playing in the parking lot of a grand opening where they had a
> live radio DJ remote thing broadcasting, and the wind caught my 22"
> Zildjian ride cymbal, took it down and it chopped through a 1" thich A/C
> cable that was both our power and the broadcasting radio DJ's power. My
> cymbal touched a chain link fence at the same time as it chopped the
cable,
> and blew the juice for the entire building, as well as putting a nice
> little weld mark on my cymbal. Hehe, I knocked the guy right off the air
> with my ride cymbal! ;)

ROTF !
Great story ! ! !

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:Xns9D3479918F849slimnospamcom(a)77.120.192.10 the killer robot
gregor
> <slim(a)nospam.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio
and
> pressed these buttons...

> >> Hehe, I was playing in the parking lot of a grand opening where they
> >> had a live radio DJ remote thing broadcasting, and the wind caught my
> >> 22" Zildjian ride cymbal, took it down and it chopped through a 1"
> >> thich A/C cable that was both our power and the broadcasting radio
> >> DJ's power. My cymbal touched a chain link fence at the same time as
> >> it chopped the cable, and blew the juice for the entire building, as
> >> well as putting a nice little weld mark on my cymbal. Hehe, I knocked
> >> the guy right off the air with my ride cymbal! ;)
> >>

> > ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > that was priceless! too funny Glennbo.
> >
> > Never had anything quite that dramatic happen. Welded my lip to a
> > microphone on stage a few too many times though. Damn that hurts!
>
> Where I live now is about one mile from where that happened. Every time
> I've got the family in my car and we pass that place, my wife says "and
> there's where your father knocked radio off the air with his cymbal". ;)

Another story:
I used to work as a custodian at one of the local colleges. The guys at the
radio station were very snooty to the custodial staff. One day I realized
their power came from our little custodian offices.
So one day after a snub by the radio guys, I pull the plug, close the office
and take the key.
I showed those suckers not to mess with a janitor!

Poly

From: polymod on

"gregor" <slim(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in news:4b917737$0$22520
> $607ed4bc(a)cv.net:
>
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Supercharger.mp3
>
> really nice little song there BTW Poly. It just sails along.
>
> :-)

Thanks! Short and sweet ;)

Poly

First  |  Prev  |