From: Virus Guy on
Ant wrote:

> > What should happen on a vulnerable system with this POC?
>
> OutputDebugStringA("SUCKM3 FROM EXPLORER.EXE MOTH4FUCKA #@!");

> In any case, the DLL won't be able to load on a Win9x system
> because of these flags in the PE header:
>
> MajorOSVersion = 5
> MajorSubsystemVersion = 5
>
> That means the lowest Windows version allowed is 5 (Win2k).

Can the .lnk example file be modified - to do something more visible
(and not OS-specific) ?

Like launch calc.exe?
From: Ant on
"Virus Guy" wrote:

> Can the .lnk example file be modified - to do something more visible
> (and not OS-specific) ?

Yes.

> Like launch calc.exe?

No.

It will only work with a DLL. I just built a new dll.dll and in the
DllMain entry case of DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH called MessageBox to get an
alert. This works on Win2k but I don't know about 9x. BTW, the
suckme.lnk expects the DLL to be in the root of C:\.

From: Bullwinkle on
Go away hacker!

Looks like you lied about reporting davey boy.

"Dustin" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:55:45 -0400, Virus Guy <Virus(a)Guy.com> wrote:
>
>>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/2286198.mspx
>>http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9179299/Microsoft_confirms_nas
>>ty_Windows_zero_day_bug?taxonomyId=17&pageNumber=1
>>
>>Example POC code:
>>
>>http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/14403/
>>
>>I downloaded "suckme.rar" and renamed "suckme.lnk_" to "suckme.lnk"
>>on my Windows 98 system. The icon turned into a shortcut, but
>>nothing else happened.
>>
>>What should happen on a vulnerable system with this POC?
>>

> You didn't follow the directions given with the exploit POC.
>
> What does the POC author claim will happen?
> Is it really a POC or a Trojan?
> What does the dll.dll do?
> Did you disassemble the dll?
> Did the author provide source for the DLL?
> Is it benign or actually malicious?
> Why do you think a Win98 system would not be vulnerable?
> Do you have KD installed on your test system?
>
> If you cannot answer these questions correctly I suggest you leave
> it alone.

Hehe.. Virus Guy isn't a coder... So.. he's just waiting to get himself
in trouble I guess.

--
There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you
are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

From: Dustin on
"Bullwinkle" <BDTJ(a)loa.mo> wrote in news:4c449236$1(a)news.x-privat.org:

> Go away hacker!

Who are you to tell me to go anyplace? You top posting fuckwit.

--
Too cold to start a fire. I'm burning diesel burning dinosaur bones. I'll
take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs!
From: Bullwinkle on
LOL
I see your now part of boaterdave's inner circle.

"Bullwinkle" <BDTJ(a)loa.mo> wrote in news:4c449236$1(a)news.x-privat.org:

> Go away hacker!
>Looks like you lied about reporting davey boy.

Who are you to tell me to go anyplace? You top posting fuckwit.

--
Too cold to start a fire. I'm burning diesel burning dinosaur bones. I'll
take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs!
But I'm gonna break. I'm gonna break my... I'm gonna break my rusty cage
and run.. Yea i'm gonna break.. I'm gonna break my... I'm gonna break my
rusty cage... and run!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Anti-Virus Best one