From: Y.Porat on
On Jul 27, 6:09 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/10 3:57 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
>

> > New data suggest a lighter Higgs
> >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/61449/title/New_data_sugge...
>
> > Fermilab results heat up race for an elusive particle
> > By Ron Cowen
>
> > "Combined data from two experiments at the Fermilab's Tevatron particle
> > accelerator indicate that the elusive Higgs boson — known as the God
> > particle — does not have a mass between 158 and 175 GeV. Fermilab
> > The God particle has fewer places to hide".
>
> > "Studies from the Large Electron-Positron Collider, which shut down in
> > 2000 at the European research organization CERN, along with indirect
> > constraints from both theory and experiments, had indicated that the
> > Higgs could have a mass anywhere between 114 and 185 GeV. In late 2009,
> > the two Tevatron experiments, known as CDF and DZero, excluded the range
> > between 162 GeV and 166 GeV. With the new constraints, CDF and DZero
> > have now ruled out nearly 25 percent of the mass range for the Higgs
> > allowed prior to 2009, before the two experiments began weighing in on
> > the proposed particle".
>
> > See:
> >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/61449/title/New_data_sugge...
>
>           _____________________
>
> Physicists hail progress in search for Higgs particle
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci--higgs-boson-20100727,0,69...
>
> "Whether the LHC will [discover the Higgs] by 2012, I don't know," Rolf
> Heuer, director-general of CERN, said at the meeting. "I hope it might
> happen, but if it doesn't happen then it might be three or four years
> later."
>
> "If either team finds the Higgs, experts said at the meeting, it may be
> necessary to build a new accelerator to explore its properties. The LHC,
> with its 17-mile circumference, is great for colliding protons. But when
> it is used for smaller elementary particles, such as the electron, much
> of the energy fed into the system is bled off by a process known as
> synchrotron radiation. Eliminating that requires straight-line
> acceleration, available at the Stanford Linear Accelerator".
>
> "Physicists are thus proposing the construction of a 19-mile-long linear
> accelerator (the Stanford device is only 2 miles long) to explore the
> properties of the Higgs. Such a device could reach energies of 500 GeV,
> compared with 50 GeV at Stanford. Where the device, tentatively named
> the International Linear Accelerator, would be located, however, depends
> on which country would be willing to put up the bulk of the $10 billion
> necessary for its construction".

------------------
i have a better suggestion
how you can find your mother in law there !!!
and by that saving more money
than now ....

ATB
Y.Porat
---------------------------
From: Igor on
On Jul 27, 2:13 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:09 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 7/26/10 3:57 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
>
> > > New data suggest a lighter Higgs
> > >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/61449/title/New_data_sugge....
>
> > > Fermilab results heat up race for an elusive particle
> > > By Ron Cowen
>
> > > "Combined data from two experiments at the Fermilab's Tevatron particle
> > > accelerator indicate that the elusive Higgs boson — known as the God
> > > particle — does not have a mass between 158 and 175 GeV. Fermilab
> > > The God particle has fewer places to hide".
>
> > > "Studies from the Large Electron-Positron Collider, which shut down in
> > > 2000 at the European research organization CERN, along with indirect
> > > constraints from both theory and experiments, had indicated that the
> > > Higgs could have a mass anywhere between 114 and 185 GeV. In late 2009,
> > > the two Tevatron experiments, known as CDF and DZero, excluded the range
> > > between 162 GeV and 166 GeV. With the new constraints, CDF and DZero
> > > have now ruled out nearly 25 percent of the mass range for the Higgs
> > > allowed prior to 2009, before the two experiments began weighing in on
> > > the proposed particle".
>
> > > See:
> > >http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/61449/title/New_data_sugge....
>
> >           _____________________
>
> > Physicists hail progress in search for Higgs particle
>
> >http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci--higgs-boson-20100727,0,69...
>
> > "Whether the LHC will [discover the Higgs] by 2012, I don't know," Rolf
> > Heuer, director-general of CERN, said at the meeting. "I hope it might
> > happen, but if it doesn't happen then it might be three or four years
> > later."
>
> > "If either team finds the Higgs, experts said at the meeting, it may be
> > necessary to build a new accelerator to explore its properties. The LHC,
> > with its 17-mile circumference, is great for colliding protons. But when
> > it is used for smaller elementary particles, such as the electron, much
> > of the energy fed into the system is bled off by a process known as
> > synchrotron radiation. Eliminating that requires straight-line
> > acceleration, available at the Stanford Linear Accelerator".
>
> > "Physicists are thus proposing the construction of a 19-mile-long linear
> > accelerator (the Stanford device is only 2 miles long) to explore the
> > properties of the Higgs. Such a device could reach energies of 500 GeV,
> > compared with 50 GeV at Stanford. Where the device, tentatively named
> > the International Linear Accelerator, would be located, however, depends
> > on which country would be willing to put up the bulk of the $10 billion
> > necessary for its construction".
>
> ------------------
> i have a better suggestion
> how you can find your mother in law there !!!
> and by that saving more money
> than now ....
>
> ATB
> Y.Porat

I have an even better suggestion. Try to put together a somewhat
coherent post that people can understand.

From: Jan Panteltje on
On a sunny day (Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:44:58 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Igor
<thoovler(a)excite.com> wrote in
<01336883-0b6c-4939-aa19-39e31726bdaa(a)q2g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>:

Predictable madness uttered:
>> > "Physicists are thus proposing the construction of a 19-mile-long linear
>> > accelerator to explore the properties of the Higgs.

A logic reaction:
>> i have a better suggestion
>> how you can find your mother in law there !!!
>> and by that saving more money
>> than now ....
>>
>> ATB
>> Y.Porat
>

>I have an even better suggestion. Try to put together a somewhat
>coherent post that people can understand.

This is all bullshit.
After the 19 mile they will want a 38 mile,
then a round one, then a linear one again, longer...
This has been going on ever since the kids started with throwing marbles.
All that ever came from it is tissue paper full of SciFi as seed for Hollywood.

And still no clue what gravity is, and no Higgs found, no fusion power,
no cheap energy but using more then a small city.
So that fake tissue paper science is what needs to be made coherent,
best way is to scrap all those projects ITER, LIGO, CERN, all of them.
Give them 100$ and a deadline of 1 month to come up with something useful to humanity.
What was the mother of invention?

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/27/10 8:59 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> After the 19 mile they will want a 38 mile,
> then a round one, then a linear one again, longer...

And when the 19 mile produces new understanding and hints
and even more insight into the structure of nature with a
38 mile linear accelerator, we should and will build it.

Henry Ford mass produced cars that got people around just
fine... why build faster more expensive cars like we do
today.

From: PD on
On Jul 27, 8:59 am, Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On a sunny day (Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:44:58 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Igor
> <thoov...(a)excite.com> wrote in
> <01336883-0b6c-4939-aa19-39e31726b...(a)q2g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>:
>
> Predictable madness uttered:

> A logic reaction:
>
> >> i have a better suggestion
> >> how you can find your mother in law there !!!
> >> and by that saving more money
> >> than now ....
>
> >> ATB
> >> Y.Porat
>
> >I have an even better suggestion.  Try to put together a somewhat
> >coherent post that people can understand.
>
> This is all bullshit.
> After the 19 mile they will want a 38 mile,
> then a round one, then a linear one again, longer...
> This has been going on ever since the kids started with throwing marbles.
> All that ever came from it is tissue paper full of SciFi as seed for Hollywood.
>
> And still no clue what gravity is, and no Higgs found, no fusion power,
> no cheap energy but using more then a small city.
> So that fake tissue paper science is what needs to be made coherent,
> best way is to scrap all those projects ITER, LIGO, CERN, all of them.
> Give them 100$ and a deadline of 1 month to come up with something useful to humanity.
> What was the mother of invention?

You seem to be disgusted with any fundamental research that doesn't
produce a result with a desktop apparatus inside a month. You have the
attention span of a toddler.

Nevermind that fundamental research is done for the sake of knowledge,
NOT for practical application.