From: Lisa Randolph on
When I send a NEW email with an attachment to my husband, it is NOT getting
delivered, however, when I FORWARD an email with an attachment, it IS being
delivered. I've tried sending different types of attachments (Word, JPG,
Acrobat) and it doesn't seem to matter. None of them (as new messages) are
delivered. I can send the same message to his home computer and it gets
delivered, it's just his work Outlook that seems to be the problem.

My email address is on his list of safe senders. He can receive emails with
attachments from others, including his home computer. We checked his
mailserver SPAM folder and the messages are not there. I get no bounce
notices. We're both running MS Office 2007 on Vista.

Anyone ever seen the before?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Lisa Randolph" <LisaRandolph(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I send a NEW email with an attachment to my husband, it is NOT getting
> delivered, however, when I FORWARD an email with an attachment, it IS being
> delivered. I've tried sending different types of attachments (Word, JPG,
> Acrobat) and it doesn't seem to matter. None of them (as new messages) are
> delivered. I can send the same message to his home computer and it gets
> delivered, it's just his work Outlook that seems to be the problem.
>
> My email address is on his list of safe senders. He can receive emails with
> attachments from others, including his home computer. We checked his
> mailserver SPAM folder and the messages are not there. I get no bounce
> notices. We're both running MS Office 2007 on Vista.

Do both of you use Outlook? If not, that may explain what you see. If you
send RIch Text messages with attachments to people, they will not be able to
see the attachments unless they, too, use Outlook. Try making sure you're
sending HTML or Plain Text messages in that case.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Is the email being delivered but without the attachment, or does the email
not arrive at all? Is it ending up in his Junk mail folder? Is the email
being trapped as SPAM by a network appliance?
Do emails without attachments go through?

--

Kathleen Orland