From: yash on
Hi,

Dont know whether it is applicable here or not. But i have come across
a situation where people ask what was the most difficult activity
performed in your last project or what are the challenges you faced
here ?

I work in production environment and this is my first project. We are
not allowed to touch scripts or logs. At the max we get errors is the
table is in deadlock which we overcome by dev/null terminate but this
is not what i can say in interviews. Need some guidance with respect
to this.
From: Matt C on
Hi Yash,
The question that was posed is a common one and one that I would learn
to expect at any possible moment and at every possible job interview.
It is a fair question. But it is also a very broad question... So to
me that means you have a latitude to answer in many different ways.
In other words, I would not think so narrowly about your last job.

Were you able to turn a difficult situation into a plus??? By the way,
be careful how you describe these 'difficult' situations or people,
don't call them jerks or idiots... What did you learn from this
difficult situation? That is very important. Despite setbacks I
survived and maybe thrived... I still learned a great deal... What
did you personally find the most taxing about your position? Think
about that and give them a coherent, succinct story and provide
actions, (how you accomplished your goal) or provide numbers regarding
how you made it better. For example, Despite the group being short
two statisticians the group was able to complete the task in 2 weeks
instead of the projected 3-1/2 weeks. Above all, be truthful and
positive and enthusiastic about your achievements.
Cheers,
Matt