From: me on

Hi

I'm trying to use a 3rd party static library file. It's called
swedll32.lib..I've added it to my MFC Project.

When I try to call a function, I get: "identifier not found"

Don't I need a "swedll32.h" file to go along with the swedll32.lib
file?

All I have is a swedll32.dll and a swedll32.lib file.

thanks

Tony C.
From: Geoff on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:40:39 -0600, me(a)here.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use a 3rd party static library file. It's called
>swedll32.lib..I've added it to my MFC Project.
>
>When I try to call a function, I get: "identifier not found"
>
>Don't I need a "swedll32.h" file to go along with the swedll32.lib
>file?
>
>All I have is a swedll32.dll and a swedll32.lib file.
>

>thanks
>
>Tony C.

Are you referring to the Swiss Ephemeris DLL? If so, a google search
of swedll32 turned up this:

http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/version2.0.html

ftp://ftp.astro.com/pub/swisseph/sweph.zip
From: me on
Yes, i do have the zip file and I've got a swedll.h, and swephexp.h
file with prototypes that look like:

swedll.h
DllImport int FAR PASCAL swe_set_ephe_path_d(char *path);

swephexp.h
ext_def( void ) swe_set_ephe_path(char *path);

so maybe the .h file does not have to be the exact name of the
..lib file?

perhaps I'm supposed to use one of the above files....

==>>Does a header file have to have the same name as the .lib file
then?

Thanks, Tony C.

From: Geoff on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:51:04 -0600, me(a)here.com wrote:

>Yes, i do have the zip file and I've got a swedll.h, and swephexp.h
>file with prototypes that look like:
>
>swedll.h
>DllImport int FAR PASCAL swe_set_ephe_path_d(char *path);
>
>swephexp.h
>ext_def( void ) swe_set_ephe_path(char *path);
>

>so maybe the .h file does not have to be the exact name of the
>.lib file?
>

>perhaps I'm supposed to use one of the above files....
>

>==>>Does a header file have to have the same name as the .lib file
>then?
>

>Thanks, Tony C.

No, the header can be named almost anything. The examples show
inclusion of both swephexp.h and swedll.h and there are macro guards
to prevent double inclusions and swedll.h includes swephexp.h
automatically and swephexp.h includes sweodef.h.

The documentation states you need the DLL, the .lib and the three
header files to compile in C:

swedll.h
swephexp.h
sweodef.h

You may also need swepcalc.h for the Placalc API.

From: Tony C. on

Thanks...