From: Mok-Kong Shen on
adacrypt wrote:

> Given the myriad of potential models that already exist in the whole
> of physics and mathematics surely it is anamolous to jump on this one
> in medical science as having extraordinary potential to cryptogology
> and for what exceptional reasons? - the statistical experiment of the
> DNA probability?
>
> There is nothing to pursue in this from a cryptography point of view
> in mybelief.

As layman I can only conjecture in this issue. But had you read the
follow-up of Dave-Turner? Note that Adleman is a reknown scientist in
crypto.

M. K. Shen
From: Mok-Kong Shen on

A paper, co-authored by Venter, "Creation of a Bacterial Cell
Controlled by a Chemically Synthesized Genome", is available:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/rapidpdf/science.1190719v1.pdf

M. K. Shen
From: Mok-Kong Shen on

The cover page of the May 22nd issue of "The Economists" reads
"And man made life". See http://www.economist.com/

M. K. Shen