From: Michael on
On 2010-05-05 21:05:56 -0400, me said:

> On Wed, 5 May 2010 17:27:32 -0700 (PDT), patetc <patetc(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way on this camera to use the monitor rather than the
>> viewfinder when taking pictures? I just got this camera and am
>> already unhappy with it.
>
> You didn't research this before buying it?
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond3000/
>
> No Live View (D5000: Live View with contrast detect AF)

Researching the D3000 would be very simple. it was just the cover story
on Popular Photography.
--
Michael

From: me on
On Wed, 5 May 2010 19:07:07 -0700 (PDT), patetc <patetc(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 5, 9:05�pm, me <m...(a)mine.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 May 2010 17:27:32 -0700 (PDT), patetc <pat...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there a way on this camera to use the monitor rather than the
>> >viewfinder when taking pictures? �I just got this camera and am
>> >already unhappy with it.
>>
>> You didn't research this before buying it?http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond3000/
>>
>> � � � � No Live View (D5000: Live View with contrast detect AF)
>
>Researched but evidently not well enough. I've checked since and
>still can't find info on it.

I just gave you the link to the full review on DPreview where I pulled
the line saying the D3000 had no LiveView compared to the D5000 which
does.
From: whisky-dave on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) said:

>>> This is where you can download the manual.
>>> http://nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/noprint/D3000_ENnoprint.pdf
>>
>>I guess he actually owns a copy of that manual now.
>
> Since he seems to be having difficulty understanding the camera I
> assumed that he wasn't able to read the manual.

I had that problem when I brought my camera Canon S70
from a supplier pixelmania or something like that.
They did supply the manual and but it was in French..
When I visited the canon site UK, they wanted money for it.
I went to the US site and it was a free PDF download.

From: Michael on
On 2010-05-05 21:05:56 -0400, me said:

> On Wed, 5 May 2010 17:27:32 -0700 (PDT), patetc <patetc(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way on this camera to use the monitor rather than the
>> viewfinder when taking pictures? I just got this camera and am
>> already unhappy with it.
>
> You didn't research this before buying it?
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond3000/
>
> No Live View (D5000: Live View with contrast detect AF)

There ARE reasons to shop and buy at camera stores. Hands on usage, and
pointed questions being key.
--
Michael