From: Tom Lake on
After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an
XPS 9000 with a Core i7 950. All of a sudden, it's not an option any
more. (It was there the day before I decided to order!)

The 8000 isn't quite powerful enough and the Extreme processors and
Alienware are TOO much. The 950 would have been just what I wanted.
I'm bummed.

Tom Lake
From: Daddy on
Tom Lake wrote:
> After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an
> XPS 9000 with a Core i7 950. All of a sudden, it's not an option any
> more. (It was there the day before I decided to order!)
>
> The 8000 isn't quite powerful enough and the Extreme processors and
> Alienware are TOO much. The 950 would have been just what I wanted.
> I'm bummed.
>
> Tom Lake

Try again tomorrow.

I've also noticed that features offered one day are gone the next
day...then return a few days later.

Someone at Dell is either on serious drugs or needs serious drugs.
Probably an entire department.

Daddy
From: Jef Roe on

"Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an XPS
> 9000 with a Core i7 950. All of a sudden, it's not an option any more.
> (It was there the day before I decided to order!)
>
> The 8000 isn't quite powerful enough and the Extreme processors and
> Alienware are TOO much. The 950 would have been just what I wanted. I'm
> bummed.
>
> Tom Lake

I think the Dell web is undergoing a revamp. Some days, even hours, my Dell
warranty info jumps 1 years. I have been informed its due to them updating
their systems...their words not mine.

From: Nick on

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:09:32 -0500, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Tom Lake"
<tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an
>XPS 9000 with a Core i7 950. All of a sudden, it's not an option any
>more. (It was there the day before I decided to order!)
>
>The 8000 isn't quite powerful enough and the Extreme processors and
>Alienware are TOO much. The 950 would have been just what I wanted.
>I'm bummed.

I'm bummed too: that's what I've been looking at and planning to buy
sometime soon.

I hope the others are right and the missing CPU options are just a temporary
glitch. (Just took a quick look at Dell's site: the I7 950 is still not
there...)

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl(a)pobox.com>

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley." Robert Burns
From: Tom Lake on

"Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:hcrucb$t7i$1(a)news.albasani.net...
> After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an
> XPS 9000 with a Core i7 950. All of a sudden, it's not an option any
> more. (It was there the day before I decided to order!)
>
> The 8000 isn't quite powerful enough and the Extreme processors and
> Alienware are TOO much. The 950 would have been just what I wanted.
> I'm bummed.
>
> Tom Lake

Well. I found out why no 950. The 960 is coming out this month and
will be about the same price as the 950. It's 3.20 GHz rather than 3.06 GHz
of the 950 so we get more bang for the buck. Now I just have to wait for Dell
to start including in the 9000.

Tom L