From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
I have connected my HTPC to my HDTV through HDMI cable. My HTPC is
loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

My HDTV is 40" LED Samsung full HD.

Everything seems to be working fine except at times, it shows "no
signal" HDMI4 and after a while it again starts working. "Screen
saver" is set to none.

I am unable to figure what the problem is or could be. HTPC is only 2
day old.
From: Nick on

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:03:50 -0800 (PST), in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, n o s p
a m p l e a s e <nospam.please(a)live.com> wrote:

>I have connected my HTPC to my HDTV through HDMI cable. My HTPC is
>loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
>
>My HDTV is 40" LED Samsung full HD.
>
>Everything seems to be working fine except at times, it shows "no
>signal" HDMI4 and after a while it again starts working. "Screen
>saver" is set to none.

Have you checked the cable connection? That's usually a good place to start
for this kind of problem.

1. With everything turned off, unplug both ends of the cable and then
reconnect them; make sure both ends are solidly seated.

2. If you have a spare cable, try that.

3. With everything hooked up, watch the screen while gently shaking and
wiggling the cable: see if moving the cable around causes problems with the
display. If it does, could be the cable itself or one of the connectors.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl(a)pobox.com>

Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic."