From: Bob Jones on
Sound recently failed using PP Viewer 2000.I tried PPV 2007 and no joy.I
have removed PP2000 leaving viewer and no joy.Sound card works on all other
sources.Office 2000 has been recently updated to the latest levels and
security patches.

As I have a collection of many pps files,generated over the years I assume I
may need 2007 to play all of the files.

System is Win XP Pro,2.5GB dual core proc,

Have run out of Googles and T"shooting ideas,any help is muchly appreciated.

Bob

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <esPDKqaLKHA.1376(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Bob Jones wrote:
> Sound recently failed using PP Viewer 2000.I tried PPV 2007 and no joy.I
> have removed PP2000 leaving viewer and no joy.Sound card works on all other
> sources.Office 2000 has been recently updated to the latest levels and
> security patches.

I don't understand ... if you've removed PPT 2000, how could you update it?
Or was the version you removed completely updated?
Can you re-install it?

> As I have a collection of many pps files,generated over the years I assume I
> may need 2007 to play all of the files.
>
> System is Win XP Pro,2.5GB dual core proc,
>
> Have run out of Googles and T"shooting ideas,any help is muchly appreciated.
>
> Bob

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14