From: Steph on
I have 25 updats that are failed because of that same code and there is no
information on that code. Why is there a code exisiting if no one can tell
you what it means? No idea what to do. They are supposedly important updates
and then there a few more recomended updates that failed with the same code
as well. Any help?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problem
and computer. State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP
SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in
your first post. Thank you.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Steph" <Steph(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [Subject: RE: No Support - error code 80071A90]

> I have 25 updats that are failed because of that same code and there is no
> information on that code. Why is there a code exisiting if no one can tell
> you what it means? No idea what to do. They are supposedly important
> updates
> and then there a few more recomended updates that failed with the same
> code
> as well. Any help?

<cmd_output OS="W7">
C:\>set /a c = 0x1a90
6800
C:\>net helpmsg %c%

The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another
transaction.
</cmd_output>