From: Hra_Ioannoy on
I have Windows XP Pro SP3. I had various problems with my pc (I
changed motherboard, did a windows repair, needed to boot in debugging
mode, reinstalled sp2 and sp3, etc) and now the problem is that when I
open Internet Information Services, the console is empty. But I can
see in Services that IIS Admin service is running. I right-clicked on
"Internet Information Services" node, selected "Connect..." and wrote
my computer name. But there is nothing more I can do. There is no "Web
Sites" node.
I unistalled and reinstalled iis, but it didn't solve the problem. Can
you help me?

From: Dan on

"Hra_Ioannoy" <verb1312(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP Pro SP3. I had various problems with my pc (I
> changed motherboard, did a windows repair, needed to boot in debugging
> mode, reinstalled sp2 and sp3, etc) and now the problem is that when I
> open Internet Information Services, the console is empty. But I can
> see in Services that IIS Admin service is running. I right-clicked on
> "Internet Information Services" node, selected "Connect..." and wrote
> my computer name. But there is nothing more I can do. There is no "Web
> Sites" node.
> I unistalled and reinstalled iis, but it didn't solve the problem. Can
> you help me?

Are you running under a full administrator account? Only administrators can
manage an IIS server.

--
Dan

From: Hra_Ioannoy on