From: Link on
What I say...
From: Bill Taylor on
You are right, and the same goes for ANY informational entities.

Alas, the copyright laws in operation almost universally
around the world, deny this. They enforce, with some teeth,
the ludicrous absurdity that virtuality can be owned.

They get a lot of support from folk who think that
authors, film-makers, etc, need protection for their
livelihoods and creativity. It may well be true that some
of these people DO need protection, but copyright
is not the way to do it. It stultifies ongoing culture.
I strongly urge all of you to break copyright laws
whenever you can get away with it.

Fortunately, copyright is dying anyway. In music it is dead.
In movies, it is starting to die. In books it will last a little
while,
but die as soon as there are corner bookprinters like there
used to be corner phtocopy shops.

Copyright was NEVER to protect authors - it was to protect
publishers!!

-- Berating Bill

** A computer once beat me at chess,
** but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
From: Link on
On Apr 9, 11:13 pm, Bill Taylor <w.tay...(a)math.canterbury.ac.nz>
wrote:
> You are right, and the same goes for ANY informational entities.
>
> Alas, the copyright laws in operation almost universally
> around the world, deny this.   They enforce, with some teeth,
> the ludicrous absurdity that virtuality can be owned.
>
> They get a lot of support from folk who think that
> authors, film-makers, etc, need protection for their
> livelihoods and creativity.  It may well be true that some
> of these people DO need protection, but copyright
> is not the way to do it.  It stultifies ongoing culture.
> I strongly urge all of you to break copyright laws
> whenever you can get away with it.
>
> Fortunately, copyright is dying anyway.  In music it is dead.
> In movies, it is starting to die.  In books it will last a little
> while,
> but die as soon as there are corner bookprinters like there
> used to be corner phtocopy shops.
>
> Copyright was NEVER to protect authors - it was to protect
> publishers!!
>
> -- Berating Bill
>
> ** A computer once beat me at chess,
> ** but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Dear Mr. Taylor,

This was very brave of you to speak and I commend you for it. As a
creative individual I have always found at the highest level it is not
the copyright to enforce or determine success. It is the application
and the execution.

Best regards,

M. Michael Musatov

Ad-Free Google Search