From: Cal Who on
My printer which use to work no longer works because, I'm told, I do not
have any printers installed.
I don't know what has changed this.

If I try to add a printer I get an error:
No ports enumerated

What does that mean?

The printer is connected to the usb as is my scanner which still works.

Thanks

From: Bob I on
Reinstall the printer software as it will setup the USB port to be used
by the printer driver.

From: Cal Who on
I can't.

I tried my CD and downloaded from HP both got to the page asking if it's USB
or parallel and before I could select the
No ports enumerated dialog poped up.

Thanks

From: Bob I on
The "enumerated port" should appear as something like USB001 in the
ports tab. If that is already in use then you may get the error you see
if you attempt a reinstall. If that is not the case then Unplugging and
uninstalling the printer should allow you to reinstall the printer from
the beginning.

From: mm on
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:30:04 -0600, Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>The "enumerated port" should appear as something like USB001 in the
>ports tab. If that is already in use then you may get the error you see
>if you attempt a reinstall. If that is not the case then Unplugging and
>uninstalling the printer should allow you to reinstall the printer from
>the beginning.

Well, I don't know nuthin' but that makes me think if he unplugs his
scanner, maybe hte printter will use that port. I don't know what
will happen when the scanner is plugged back in, but who really needs
a scanner anyhow.