From: harderthanithought on
I wiped my hard drive clean to give the PC away (using Kill Disk), and now I
am trying to reinstall the XP Home using my CD. It loads up (showing status
at the bottom of the blue screen) and then it stops at "Windows XP Home
Edition Setup" screen. It does not recognize any keyboard entries - I press
ENTER to set up XP but nothing happens. Same with R (Repair) and F3 (quit
setup). Thanks in advance!
From: Rich Barry on
Try going into the Bios and set at Optimum or Fail Safe.
"harderthanithought" <harderthanithought(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:137B2187-E06E-4DF5-AAF8-F4CF47D0A4AF(a)microsoft.com...

From: Don Phillipson on
"harderthanithought" <harderthanithought(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:137B2187-E06E-4DF5-AAF8-F4CF47D0A4AF(a)microsoft.com...

> I wiped my hard drive clean to give the PC away (using Kill Disk), and now
> am trying to reinstall the XP Home using my CD. It loads up (showing
status
> at the bottom of the blue screen) and then it stops at "Windows XP Home
> Edition Setup" screen. It does not recognize any keyboard entries - I
press
> ENTER to set up XP but nothing happens. Same with R (Repair) and F3 (quit
> setup). Thanks in advance!

A worn keyboard plug-in socket can cause intermittent malfunction.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: David B. on
Is this a USB keyboard? If so you may need to go into BIOS setup and enable
legacy USB support.