From: Boba & Ilinka on
Hi,
I just installed windows 7 64 bit, upgrading from XP 64 professional.
Traubel shooter gives me the message that speakers are not plugged in. All
cables are as it were previously.
Drivers are OK.

Sound is on board. Board is Asus P5WD2 premium.
Thanks for any help.

Boba Vankufer

From: Sjouke Burry on
Boba & Ilinka wrote:
> Hi,
> I just installed windows 7 64 bit, upgrading from XP 64 professional.
> Traubel shooter gives me the message that speakers are not plugged in. All
> cables are as it were previously.
> Drivers are OK.
>
> Sound is on board. Board is Asus P5WD2 premium.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Boba Vankufer

Who told you the drivers were OK?
Upgrading to a newer OS is quite a tricky job.
Have you run a test at MS, to check for compatibility?
I would advise to check out the motherboard site for
win7 64 bit drivers.
If they are not mentioned, praying might help.....
From: VanguardLH on
Boba & Ilinka wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed windows 7 64 bit, upgrading from XP 64 professional.
> Traubel shooter gives me the message that speakers are not plugged in. All
> cables are as it were previously.
> Drivers are OK.
>
> Sound is on board. Board is Asus P5WD2 premium.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Boba Vankufer

Windows 7 upgrade paths
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyId=e170eba1-5bab-401f-bbf5-00f0ee7fe0fb

There is no upgrade path from Windows XP to Windows 7. If you have Windows
XP, the install of Windows 7 does a *fresh* install. This OS partition gets
wiped when Windows 7 gets installed. You can migrate but you cannot
upgrade.

So did you check if your motherboard or computer maker has 64-bit versions
of their chipset drivers that work under Windows 7? You'll need to install
those.
From: Boba & Ilinka on
Tanks to all, on realtec site I found the driver for sound an everything is
OK

boba

From: Ken Maltby on

"Boba & Ilinka" <dojcin2000(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I just installed windows 7 64 bit, upgrading from XP 64 professional.
> Traubel shooter gives me the message that speakers are not plugged in. All
> cables are as it were previously.
> Drivers are OK.
>
> Sound is on board. Board is Asus P5WD2 premium.
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Boba Vankufer

http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/

Luck;