From: Ben Short on
I bought a 5800 but it's on O2 and I want it on Orange as the signal here is
much better. Rather than pay someone to do it is there any software I can
download to enable me to do this myself please.

Thanks

From: Steve Terry on
"Ben Short" <bshort(a)supanet.com> wrote in message
> I bought a 5800 but it's on O2 and I want it on Orange as the signal here
> is much better. Rather than pay someone to do it is there any software I
> can download to enable me to do this myself please.
> Thanks

Nope, it needs to be unlocked with hardware

Or buy the code from O2

BTW you have checked that it's locked?

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with �2 bonus after �10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

From: Ben Short on

"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> "Ben Short" <bshort(a)supanet.com> wrote in message
>> I bought a 5800 but it's on O2 and I want it on Orange as the signal here
>> is much better. Rather than pay someone to do it is there any software I
>> can download to enable me to do this myself please.
>> Thanks
>>
> Nope, it needs to be unlocked with hardware
>
> Or buy the code from O2
>
> BTW you have checked that it's locked?
>
> Steve Terry
> --
> Get a free Three 3pay Sim with �2 bonus after �10 top up
> http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

Yes Steve, definitely locked. Will take it to a shop then in that case,
thanks for the info. Kindest regards

From: R Gower on

"Ben Short" <bshort(a)supanet.com> wrote in message
>I bought a 5800 but it's on O2 and I want it on Orange as the signal here
>is much better. Rather than pay someone to do it is there any software I
>can download to enable me to do this myself please.
>
> Thanks

�5 at your local market or car boot sale, most phone shops will sort it out
for you.

From: Steve Terry on
> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>> "Ben Short" <bshort(a)supanet.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a 5800 but it's on O2 and I want it on Orange as the signal
>>> here is much better. Rather than pay someone to do it is there any
>>> software I can download to enable me to do this myself please.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>> Nope, it needs to be unlocked with hardware
>>
>> Or buy the code from O2
>>
>> BTW you have checked that it's locked?
>> Steve Terry
>
> Yes Steve, definitely locked. Will take it to a shop then in that case,
> thanks for the info. Kindest regards

A website worth mentioning is:
http://www.trycktill.com/eng/unlock_swe.asp

If your phone isn't listed there, it can't be free unlocked

Steve Terry