From: DickDV on
The file imap.gmail.com/gmail/All Mail continues to get larger and
larger and I can't seem to delete anything from it. If I highlight an item,
press Delete or press the X (delete) button on the header, a line gets drawn
thru the file name and the header button X goes dim. But, when I return to
the file, the item is still there.

I need to clean out the last two years of records from All Mail and I need
instructions on how to do it.

Thanks in advance
--
DickDV
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"DickDV" <DickDV(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The file imap.gmail.com/gmail/All Mail continues to get larger and
> larger and I can't seem to delete anything from it. If I highlight an item,
> press Delete or press the X (delete) button on the header, a line gets drawn
> thru the file name and the header button X goes dim. But, when I return to
> the file, the item is still there.
>
> I need to clean out the last two years of records from All Mail and I need
> instructions on how to do it.

Click on a message in All Mail, press Ctrl+A to select everything, press
Delete, then click Edit>Purge Deleted Messages.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]