From: forest8 on
Hi there

In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source.

How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable?

Thank you in advance for your help.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:35:01 -0800, forest8
<forest8(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there
>
>In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source.
>
>How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable?
>
>Thank you in advance for your help.

If the Control Source of the textbox is a calculated expression, it's not
editable. You don't have to do anything to prevent editing - in fact you
cannot make it editable!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bernd Gilles on
John W. Vinson schrieb:
> If the Control Source of the textbox is a calculated expression, it's not
> editable. You don't have to do anything to prevent editing - in fact you
> cannot make it editable!

and on the data sheet of the property window you can set active=false and locked=true so the user
cannot even click into this field ... this will avoid error messages.

--
regards, Bernd
---
From: RonaldoOneNil on
"In my database" I assume you to mean on a form as you should not put
calculations in a table. Just set the property "Locked" of the control on
your form to Yes

From: RonaldoOneNil on
Forget my previous post, if it is a control on a form that is a calculation
then you can't edit it anyway.