From: boring_problem on
Creation of CBitmap of certain size with CreateCompatibleBitmap and
selecting it into memory DC is quite easy operation. However, since
the bitmaps I want to create, are rather large I am getting
ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY, or "Not enough storage is available to
process this command" message. I was wondering if there is an easy way
to create a device dependant bitmap, which is compatible with the
screen but has smaller color depth, which is I believe going to help
with memory situation. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

From: jmarc on
Whatever it is not the right
solution, did you try to raise
the machine disk size allocated
to swap space? Pretty simple
test to do, to be sure the problem
is indeed a lack of memory..

Then advice what to do next..!

jmarc

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
What "certain size"? Numbers help a lot in such discussions.

CreateBitmap might be a good start. Take a look at its parameters.
joe

On 10 Apr 2007 19:04:34 -0700, boring_problem(a)hotmail.com wrote:

>Creation of CBitmap of certain size with CreateCompatibleBitmap and
>selecting it into memory DC is quite easy operation. However, since
>the bitmaps I want to create, are rather large I am getting
>ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY, or "Not enough storage is available to
>process this command" message. I was wondering if there is an easy way
>to create a device dependant bitmap, which is compatible with the
>screen but has smaller color depth, which is I believe going to help
>with memory situation. Anyone have an idea how to do this?
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com