From: Sanchit on
I am actually joining the threads. There is some formatting problem
here. For the same reason after rectifying some problems I am
uploading the file on following address

Program : http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-hqf8-QISaBMzg3N2E0YzItMjBmOS00MWZlLTkwMGYtNzE1YjM0Mjk4MmZj&hl=en_GB

Thanks
Sanchit
From: Ben Bacarisse on
Sanchit <sanchitgupta.1(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I am actually joining the threads. There is some formatting problem
> here. For the same reason after rectifying some problems I am
> uploading the file on following address
>
> Program : http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-hqf8-QISaBMzg3N2E0YzItMjBmOS00MWZlLTkwMGYtNzE1YjM0Mjk4MmZj&hl=en_GB

No, you are not joining any threads. You obviously did not read the
all of my last post! Look at the condition in the loop you use to
join.

--
Ben.
From: Sanchit on
Ben Thanks again for replying!

I read your previous post, but was unable to figure out my mistake. I
am an beginner in Unix Programming so kindly help me identifying the
problem. Is there a problem with second parameter?

pthread_join(tid[i],&exit_status);
From: Ian Collins on
On 03/25/10 07:36 PM, Sanchit wrote:
> Ben Thanks again for replying!
>
> I read your previous post, but was unable to figure out my mistake. I
> am an beginner in Unix Programming so kindly help me identifying the
> problem. Is there a problem with second parameter?
>
> pthread_join(tid[i],&exit_status);

Please keep the context you are relying to!

If you had, you'd have seen that Ben wrote:

"Look at the condition in the loop you use to join."

Follow that advice and all will become clear..

--
Ian Collins
From: Sanchit on
Oh! I am so sorry. I actually ignored that condition. Thanks!