From: szag via AccessMonster.com on
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new
for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out.
Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked?

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent
the save.

From: Tommo on
I have a similar problem where I have a picklist of Groups which populates
another picklist of Members with the main body of the form showing the Member
details. If the Group contains no Members the member details are blank i.e.
its a new record. If I then pick another Group Access inserts a new record
with all the fields blank. (The primary key is an autonumber.)
What I want is for Access to only save a record when I clik on my save button.

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Tommo,
post back with more details about the tables involved in this form,
picklists and subform to enable us to get a better idea of what you are
doing.

"Tommo" <Tommo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a similar problem where I have a picklist of Groups which populates
> another picklist of Members with the main body of the form showing the
> Member
> details. If the Group contains no Members the member details are blank
> i.e.
> its a new record. If I then pick another Group Access inserts a new record
> with all the fields blank. (The primary key is an autonumber.)
> What I want is for Access to only save a record when I clik on my save
> button.
>
> "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:
>
>> If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will
>> prevent
>> the save.
>>

>> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>>
>> "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885(a)uwe> wrote in message
>> > If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a
>> > new
>> > for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are
>> > filled
>> > out.
>> > Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is
>> > clicked?
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> .

Pages: 1