From: MamaSherry on
All but 2 of my notes (on the note tab - not in my contacts) have
disappeared. I use XP, Outlook 2007. I do not sync with anything. I'm not
sure how long they've been gone - I don't use them every day, but they are
crucial. The only thing I've remembered doing lately is a backup of my .pst
file (which was incomplete because of insufficient space) a couple of weeks
ago. The notes are not in my deleted file folder, but I empty it every week
or so.
Where have they gone?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"MamaSherry" <MamaSherry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Thanks again for your help. How do I restore my .pst file to a different
> location?

Copy it from where the backup now resides and put it in some folder OTHER THAN
the folder where Outlook creates its PSTs by default.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: MamaSherry on
I opened the .pst file, but the notes aren't there. Only files associated
with emails (just like in my archived folder) are in the back up. Is there
anything else I can do?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I opened the .pst file, but the notes aren't there. Only files associated
> with emails (just like in my archived folder) are in the back up. Is there
> anything else I can do?

Sounds like you're using the Mail view in the Navigation Pane. Press Ctrl+6
or click the Notes or Folder List button at the bottom of the Nav Pane to see
the Notes folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]