From: joel on

I find all of the microsoft documentation very poor, although some
things I've seen recently is improving very slightly. For any windows
product to get certified it must meet 8th grade reading level. This
means the help cannot be more than 3 paragraphs long, a paragrapoh
cannot contain more than 4 senetences, a ssentence cannot be more than
40 characters, the words must be in an 8th grade vocabulary dictonary.
How can you explain something technical with these requirements.

If you ever watch the olld Beverly Hillbillies TV show Jethrow only
attended up to 6th grade and wanted to be a brain surgeon. That is the
same logic that microsoft is using in documenting their products.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php