From: fazlin on
On Nov 14, 5:27 am, Big and Blue <N...(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> fazlin wrote:
> > Hello All,
>
> > Is there any kernel APIs or variable to find out the number of CPUs in
> > a system. From user space, i can use /proc/cpuinfo file but is there a
> > way to do it from kernel.
>
> "From the kernel".  Are you writing a kernel module?   If not then
> /proc/cpuinfo  *is* the kernel interface.
>
> --
>               Just because I've written it doesn't mean that
>                    either you or I have to believe it..

Yes. I need this info in a kernel module. I cannot use /proc
interface.

- Fazlin
From: Geoffrey Clements on

"fazlin" <fazlincse(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 14, 5:27 am, Big and Blue <N...(a)dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> fazlin wrote:
> > Hello All,
>
> > Is there any kernel APIs or variable to find out the number of CPUs in
> > a system. From user space, i can use /proc/cpuinfo file but is there a
> > way to do it from kernel.
>
> "From the kernel". Are you writing a kernel module? If not then
> /proc/cpuinfo *is* the kernel interface.
>
> --
> Just because I've written it doesn't mean that
> either you or I have to believe it.
>
>Yes. I need this info in a kernel module. I cannot use /proc
>interface.

I'm not a kernel dev but I notice there's a header file called topology.h
which might be a place to start.

--
Geoff

From: Big and Blue on
fazlin wrote:

> Yes. I need this info in a kernel module. I cannot use /proc
> interface.

Then find the kernel code that handles /proc/cpuinfo and see what it
does. It must be going in a loop to print the info. The number of
times it goes through that loop is what you want, so find out how it
gets there.

either you or I have to believe it.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2