From: ahdoj on
I'm sure the answers here, but I can't sort it out.

I have data entered as general number with no punctuation that needs to be
converted to military time. How do I convert it without losing the time
entered?
From: T. Valko on
How about posting *SEVERAL* representative samples and let us know what
results you expect.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
I suppose you will have to run some calculations of those cells - therefor,
if cell A1 holds: 1300 then in cell B1 type:
=1*(REPLACE(REPT(0,4-LEN(A1))&A1,3,0,":"))
and custom format cell B1 as: hh:mm
If you don't need to run any calculations - try custom format cell A1, as:
##\:##
(without the need of B1)
Micky

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
If you've got 1730 and you want 17:30, use =--TEXT(A2,"00\:00") and format
as time.
--
David Biddulph

From: Fred Smith on
Assuming you're entering hours and minutes (no seconds), convert with:
=time(a1/100,mod(a1,100),0)

Regards,
Fred