From: langwadt on

A.D. wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have to demodulate an O-QPSK signal. As usual in this kind of
> modulation, symbols (chips) have an half-sine shape, and the Q channel
> has a 90 degree (half simbol) offset with respect to the I channel.
> The first thing I have to do (and perhaps the most difficult) is
> removing the frequency offset from the received I and Q signals. I
> cannot use a simple Costas loop since it doesn't work with O-QPSK
> signals!
> Are there dedicated loops for O-QPSK signals? Or it exists some simple
> and effective way to demodultate such a signal?
>
> Thank you in advance for any advice!
> Antonio

how big do you expect the offset to be?, I believe differential chip
detection
can handle some offset but it will cost you a little over 3dB in
sensitivity

-Lasse

From: A.D. on
<langwadt(a)ieee.org> ha scritto nel messaggio

> how big do you expect the offset to be?, I believe differential chip
> detection can handle some offset but it will cost you a little over
> 3dB in sensitivity

I'm trying to demodulate ZigBee signals, so I have a chip rate of 1Mcps on I
and Q channel and a maximum extimated offset of about 500KHz (wrost case).
But data are not differentially encoded, so I think that is not possible to
use a differential detection...

Regards,
Antonio

First  |  Prev  |