From: Brian on
Hi,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

If so - please help!

Brian

brian(a)dyna-labware.com
800-828-6595*111

shebcoga wrote:

ODBC export to iSeries
27-Aug-08

I am very new to Access. I have ODBC connections from iSeries databases into
my Access 2007 database, and SQL Server connections to SQL databases. The
updates to my SQL databases work fine. My ODBC connection to my ACCESS 2007
database works fine for viewing the data. However, when I try to make any
updates to the iSeries files by using Access, I just keep getting the same
error message "ODBC - insert on a linked table <table> failed. (Error 3155)."

Here is the actual message that displays in the dialog box:
[IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL7008 - GLACTREF1 in FMISLIB not
valid operation (#7008).

And this message pops up with any file I attempt to update from the iSeries.

I would be ever so grateful if some could point me in the right direction to
figure this out. I am not sure if it is a configuration setting on the
iSeries, or if it is just not possible to do updates using Access on iSeries,
or if it is something else I am overlooking.

Thanks

WPF DataGrid Custom Paging and Sorting
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8a2ea78b-f1e3-45b4-93ef-32b2d802ae17/wpf-datagrid-custom-pagin.aspx