From: mcolson on
I am getting the following error when trying to open a linked to sql
table in access.

Connection Failed
sqlstate 28000 sql
server error 18456

Login failed for user(Windows Authentication ID)

I set up the ODBC to use "SQL server authentication using a login ID
and password entered by user". I checked "Connect to SQL Server to
obtain default settings for the additional configuration options". I
then used a login ID that exists in SQL. When I test the connection
it works. But when I call it from Access, it reverts back to using
the user's Windows Authentication. After clicking OK, a message box
appears for connecting to sql. It shows the user ID set up in ODBC
with no password. If I uncheck the box and enter the password, it
then works... I'm stumped.