From: Edward on
I have designed a form for my client to get a monthly overview of
bookings. It consists of 42 text boxes in 7 columns by weekday -
Monday to Sunday. This allows for a 31 day month beginning on Sunday.

Each box contains the day plus a note of the booking and booking
times. For example

27th
Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30

However, now the client has asked if the entries can be colour coded
according to the status of the booking - red for provisional, green
for confirmed etc. I'm not aware of any method to allow part of the
text in a text box to be individually formatted - has anyone else
approached this problem and found a neat method around it? Screen
space is rather at a premium, but any ideas gratefully received.

Edward
From: Peter Hibbs on
Edward,

You could do this by using a Flex Grid control instead of your Text
boxes but you would need to write some VBA code. Have a look at the
Flex Grid Demo program at :-

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

for some examples. Also the Appointments - Bookings demo on the same
site has some examples of a calendar type display.

HTH.

Peter Hibbs.

From: Max Vit on
On May 4, 10:16 pm, Edward <teddysn...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have designed a form for my client to get a monthly overview of
> bookings.  It consists of 42 text boxes in 7 columns by weekday -
> Monday to Sunday.  This allows for a 31 day month beginning on Sunday.
>
> Each box contains the day plus a note of the booking and booking
> times.  For example
>
> 27th
> Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
> Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>
> However, now the client has asked if the entries can be colour coded
> according to the status of the booking - red for provisional, green
> for confirmed etc.  I'm not aware of any method to allow part of the
> text in a text box to be individually formatted - has anyone else
> approached this problem and found a neat method around it?  Screen
> space is rather at a premium, but any ideas gratefully received.
>
> Edward

Don't get your question...

It seems you have 6 text boxes arranged in a columnar fashion for each
day of the week - what do they represent? One appointment per text
box? Or time slots?

If I get it correctly; do you mean that both entries in your
example...

Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30

....belong to the same text box?

Or are they on separate text boxes?
From: Edward on
On 4 May, 14:07, Max Vit <m...(a)safe-mail.net> wrote:
> On May 4, 10:16 pm, Edward <teddysn...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have designed a form for my client to get a monthly overview of
> > bookings.  It consists of 42 text boxes in 7 columns by weekday -
> > Monday to Sunday.  This allows for a 31 day month beginning on Sunday..
>
> > Each box contains the day plus a note of the booking and booking
> > times.  For example
>
> > 27th
> > Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
> > Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>
> > However, now the client has asked if the entries can be colour coded
> > according to the status of the booking - red for provisional, green
> > for confirmed etc.  I'm not aware of any method to allow part of the
> > text in a text box to be individually formatted - has anyone else
> > approached this problem and found a neat method around it?  Screen
> > space is rather at a premium, but any ideas gratefully received.
>
> > Edward
>
> Don't get your question...
>
> It seems you have 6 text boxes arranged in a columnar fashion for each
> day of the week - what do they represent? One appointment per text
> box? Or time slots?
>
> If I get it correctly; do you mean that both entries in your
> example...
>
> Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
> Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>
> ...belong to the same text box?
>
> Or are they on separate text boxes?- Hide quoted text -

There is a matrix of 7 columns and 6 rows of textboxes, each
representing a potential day in a monthly overview. If the month has
thirty days and starts on a Monday, then the first 30 textboxes will
be used. If the month starts on a Friday, the first 4 texboxes will
be "greyed out" and the subsequent 30 will be used. Each box contains
all the appoinment information for that day - NOT individual time
slots.

I've taken a look at Peter's flexgrid control and I think this might
fly! I'll show the client and see what they think.

Thanks

Edward
From: Salad on
Edward wrote:
> On 4 May, 14:07, Max Vit <m...(a)safe-mail.net> wrote:
>
>>On May 4, 10:16 pm, Edward <teddysn...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I have designed a form for my client to get a monthly overview of
>>>bookings. It consists of 42 text boxes in 7 columns by weekday -
>>>Monday to Sunday. This allows for a 31 day month beginning on Sunday.
>>
>>>Each box contains the day plus a note of the booking and booking
>>>times. For example
>>
>>>27th
>>>Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
>>>Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>>
>>>However, now the client has asked if the entries can be colour coded
>>>according to the status of the booking - red for provisional, green
>>>for confirmed etc. I'm not aware of any method to allow part of the
>>>text in a text box to be individually formatted - has anyone else
>>>approached this problem and found a neat method around it? Screen
>>>space is rather at a premium, but any ideas gratefully received.
>>
>>>Edward
>>
>>Don't get your question...
>>
>>It seems you have 6 text boxes arranged in a columnar fashion for each
>>day of the week - what do they represent? One appointment per text
>>box? Or time slots?
>>
>>If I get it correctly; do you mean that both entries in your
>>example...
>>
>>Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00
>>Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30
>>
>>...belong to the same text box?
>>
>>Or are they on separate text boxes?- Hide quoted text -

> There is a matrix of 7 columns and 6 rows of textboxes, each
> representing a potential day in a monthly overview. If the month has
> thirty days and starts on a Monday, then the first 30 textboxes will
> be used. If the month starts on a Friday, the first 4 texboxes will
> be "greyed out" and the subsequent 30 will be used. Each box contains
> all the appoinment information for that day - NOT individual time
> slots.
>
> I've taken a look at Peter's flexgrid control and I think this might
> fly! I'll show the client and see what they think.
>
> Thanks
>
> Edward

Why not use conditional formatting? Look at on-line help for the topic.
Here's one from MS on the web.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102081331033.aspx
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3