From: Edward on
On 4 May, 22:44, Peter Hibbs <peter.hi...(a)btinternet.com.NO_SPAM>
wrote:
> Edward,
>
> As I understand it (I found this on the MS site a few years ago but I
> can't find it now, unfortunately), if you, as the developer, have the
> license to add the control to a project then you can legally
> distribute the control to your clients as part of the application.
> After all, there would not be much point in providing this facility in
> a project if your clients could not use it.
>
> Of course, the control has to be registered on the client's PC when it
> is installed but that is standard for any ActiveX control. You could
> try and trawl through the MS Web site for further clarification but
> this site is so vast it is almost impossible to find what you want
> these days.
>
> Sorry I can't be of more help than that, maybe someone else has more
> specific knowledge of a reference on a Web page somewhere.
>
> Peter Hibbs.

Thanks Peter. Further reading suggests that Flexgrid comes with
developer tools, so I do have the right to distribute it. However,
elsewhere I read that it's not supported within the Access
environment. I'll see what the client says.

Best

Edward
From: Peter Hibbs on
Edward,

I aggree and I think the Web site I mentioned in my second post
confirms that.

Yes, the FlexGrid is not a native ActiveX control for Access but it
works just fine (except for a couple of facilities) as my demos
demonstrate so I don't think you will have any problems using it in an
Access environment. I have written several database apps using this
control, if you would like to see one just email me and I will send
you a copy.

Peter Hibbs.

On Wed, 5 May 2010 00:52:51 -0700 (PDT), Edward
<teddysnips(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 4 May, 22:44, Peter Hibbs <peter.hi...(a)btinternet.com.NO_SPAM>
>wrote:
>> Edward,
>>
>> As I understand it (I found this on the MS site a few years ago but I
>> can't find it now, unfortunately), if you, as the developer, have the
>> license to add the control to a project then you can legally
>> distribute the control to your clients as part of the application.
>> After all, there would not be much point in providing this facility in
>> a project if your clients could not use it.
>>
>> Of course, the control has to be registered on the client's PC when it
>> is installed but that is standard for any ActiveX control. You could
>> try and trawl through the MS Web site for further clarification but
>> this site is so vast it is almost impossible to find what you want
>> these days.
>>
>> Sorry I can't be of more help than that, maybe someone else has more
>> specific knowledge of a reference on a Web page somewhere.
>>
>> Peter Hibbs.
>
>Thanks Peter. Further reading suggests that Flexgrid comes with
>developer tools, so I do have the right to distribute it. However,
>elsewhere I read that it's not supported within the Access
>environment. I'll see what the client says.
>
>Best
>
>Edward
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3